4th International Competition 2018
The date for the next competition will be 4 – 6 May 2018. Both members of the jury, Frieder Bernius and Marcus Creed, have also confirmed their participation. The beginning of the application phase will be announced here on the competition homepage.
Ergebnisse des Wettbewerbs
Die Preisträger des Wettbewerbs sind:
1. Preis: Concert Clemens, Aarhus, Dänemark, Leitung: Carsten Seyer-Hansen
2. Preis: Ensemble vocal, Hamburg, Deutschland, Leitung: Cornelius Trantow
Publikumspreis der Vorrunde: Riddarholmens kammarkör, Stockholm, Schweden, Leitung: Stefan Boström
Wir gratulieren allen Preisträgern!
Order of appearances in the preliminary round
The following order of appearances has been determined by drawing of lots:
- 10:30 Uhr: Ensemble Cantalon
- 10:50 Uhr: Concert Clemens
- 11:10 Uhr: Kammerchor der Christuskirche Karlsruhe
- 12.00 Uhr: Ensemble vocal
- 12.20 Uhr: Riddarholmens kammarkör
- 12:40 Uhr: John Sheppard Ensemble
The choir competition will take place on Saturday 30 April 2016 in two competition rounds. The first round in the morning starts at 10:30 and is free of admission; visitors are however kindly requested to assume their seats 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the competition, so that the competition itself will not be disturbed. For details, please see the competition programme.
For the final round on Saturday evening, and for the concert gala on Sunday, tickets are now available. They can be purchased at all offices of the local newspaper Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung, at the tourist information at the market place of Mosbach, Tel.: +49 62 61 91 88 11, and online at Reservix:
The participants have been selected
The application phase for the choral competition 2016 has been completed. The following six ensembles have been selected for participation:
- Concert Clemens, Aarhus, Denmark
- Ensemble Cantalon, Muttenz, Switzerland
- Ensemble vocal, Hamburg, Germany
- John Sheppard Ensemble, Freiburg, Germany
- Kammerchor der Christuskirche Karlsruhe, Germany
- Riddarholmens kammarkör, Stockholm, Sweden
We congratulate all participating choirs!
The International Competition for Chamber Choirs Mosbach is organized by the municipality of Mosbach together with the Choir Association of Mosbach and the Protestant Church of Mosbach. The organization committee has the goal to round up some of the finest international choirs in an intimate yet professional atmosphere, combined with the romantic setting of Mosbach’s historic city centre.
In the Stiftskirche – collegiate church – of Mosbach, the participating choirs will face internationally renowned choir experts in the jury as well as a friendly and enthusiastic audience. The church has been characterised as an ideal place for choral singing both acoustically and optically. The little historic town of Mosbach (25.000 inhabitants) is situated between Heidelberg and Würzburg, within a lovely and hospitable region.